Thursday, February 16, 2017



'' You need a raise ? ''  To pay for blue shoes?''

            '' No, not exactly.. well not just blue shoes.. ''

            '' I need to pay for my new Birkenstocks..  you see.. Sally had a pair of Birkenstocks.. so natch I had to have a pair.. per your wishes I have all the other things all the other wives have... so don't yell at me.. go yell at Sally .''  Mrs P answered back..

''  I never said that.. that I wanted you to have all the other things the other wives have.. I said... '' All the other wives cook and clean and work and do the bills and see to the taxes and the yardwork and AND do their husbands laundry.. among other things.   ''   retorted Mr P..  '' You don't even like those shoes.. you said they were chunky monkey shoes.. so why buy them ?''

            ''  I needed the support ''  sniffed Mrs P..

'' I support you enough ..  send the shoes back ''  ordered Mr P..

             ''  Well I can't do that dear.. you see.. while looking for these shoes.. I came across a few more pair.. maybe more then a few.. and they all got delivered and I had so many boxes and packing material I just threw it all away..  So of course the house would be cleaned .. per your wishes.. when you get home. and so now I can't send them back.. ''

'' HOW many darn shoes did you buy ? ''  Asked Mr P.

             ''  I am not sure.. I think I lost count.. and you know math is so not my strong suit..   You see I didn't know what shoes I should buy.. so I went to my other group and asked around.. and well.. Sally liked the Birkenstocks.. while....
             Anita liked Ughs..
             Betty liked Franco Sarto
             Cathy liked  L L Bean
             Diana liked Naturalizers
             Elaine liked Sperry's
             Felicity liked Comforts

'' Wait a minute.. wait just one darn minute.. are you telling me you bought the same shoes as ALL the other members..? ''

           '' Of course not dear..  why there are over a half million members of that group.. so I just went down the alphabet once.. or twice.. ''    I will say.. that group is really passionate about their shoes..

            And shoes are kinda like purses.. there are sandals, and wedges, high heels and pumps, low heels and loafers.. tennis shoes and boatshoes, and it just goes on and on..  Now its a bit worse with shoes.. cause you need not only a couple of each style.. but in all colors too.. its very very complicated.. so you probably don't want to hear about it .. lets just move on shall we.. ?''

           '' And so you see.. I NEED A RAISE.. ''

(to be cont'd )

          ''  Oh NO.. NO NO NO.. I just got an email from Sally.. seems it wasn't Birkenstocks she loved. she likes the Danskos.. Oh dear me.. I haven't bought even one pair of that brand.. ''

'' Oh NO NO NO NO NO.. Is right..  I suppose now you have to run out and buy some Danskos ? '' groaned Mr. P..

           ''  Don't be silly Dear. its in the seventies.. its Spring.. I won't need any shoes for the next l0 months..  I think I will just throw on my l0 year old pair of tennis shoes.. and my 2.00 Tshirt I have had forever.. and go do the yardwork..   But thanks anyhow .. for your support ''   grinned Mrs P.. 

            '' BUT DON'T FORGET MY RAISE.''   










               ''

4 comments:

  1. I would really be curious as to what those half million people would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost afraid to ask..lol Those shoes are ...hilarious.. all I need is a mommy mall dress to complete that look.. I will say though .. those darn things are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shoes? WOW....linky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am guessing ''linky'' is French for where the heck did you buy those ?

    ReplyDelete